Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The individual in this position will provide technical support for the PowerPlan Fixed Asset Accounting, Retirement Obligations, Tax, and Provisioning modules of the software. This position may also assist with support of other applications within the team’s portfolio across a wide variety of applications and technologies. The selected candidate must be well versed in all phases of applications systems analysis.
- Conducts system design and business information flow studies
- Recommends appropriate computer platforms, workstations and communication protocols required to support specific related business processes and information flow
- Develops technical specifications, system use cases, and wireframes. Conducts unit, system, and integration testing
- Responsible for working in multi-platform environments on multi-project assignments.
- Maintains and manages defects list, remediation, and testing
- Responsible for fully implementing all technical SOX controls, develop and maintain required documentation and evidence, lead technical response to application audits.
- 7+ years experience in conceptual and detail design, technical analysis/documentation, development of use cases/scenarios, and application testing is required
- 5+ years experience working with the PowerPlan Fixed Asset Accounting, Retirement Obligations, Tax, and/or Provisioning modules preferred
- Proficient in development of technical documentation, detailed design analysis, code reviews/walkthroughs
- Experience supporting both capital projects as well as maintenance efforts
- Ability to provide second and third level application support/troubleshooting
- Prior success working with third party vendor support centers
- Advanced adherence to formal testing techniques/methodology, consistently delivering quality work product/deliverables; adherence to formal Change Management Policies
- Experience providing technical support for SOX applications
PowerPlan Knowledge (strongly preferred):
- Working knowledge of configuration for the PowerPlan modules and integration points
- Direct experience supporting PowerPlan application suite and associated interfaces
- General knowledge supporting PowerPlan Data Load and Processing. Process accounting data (additions, retirements, and book depreciation) into the Power Tax application
- General knowledge of functionality, tools and methods used within the PowerPlan modules
- General knowledge of PowerPlan data model
- Cross module awareness within the PowerPlan Application
Bachelor degree or other education in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent technical experience